The new Version of the PowerShell Content Deployment codeplex project has been released.
This solution is the only way to implement incremental content deployment, without having to transfer the whole site collection!
It also supports content deployment across two different SharePoint versions. (SharePoint2010 / SharePoint 2013)
I have created a tool for Content Deployment between two SharePoint Farms.
By using the switch OverrideSchemaVersion it is also possible to deploy content from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013.
Its made of PowerShell Scripts and XML.
Of course there are other tools already on the market, but with this Solution you are able to “Copy” only the list, without being forced to Copy the whole SiteCollection.
It is also possible to establish a content deployment scenario with having different Farm Versions/Patch Levels and Feature sets in the Source VS. Destination.
This tool makes it possible to implement an incremental content deployment szenario for SharePoint Lists between two distinct Farms
- SharePoint2010->SharePoint2013 migration
- Full migration
- Incremental migration
- Transfering original metadata : Created,CreatedBy,Modified,ModifiedBy
- Lookup column support
- Support for disconnected scenarios (2 different Farms Intern vs Extern)
- Transfering UserInformation from external Users, even if they do not exists in the destination Farm (e.g. FBA and internal Intranet)
- Each Farm needs a own copy of the scripts.
- Both Farms share the same storage and export/import history file