Sharepoint Content Deployment with PowerShell
I have created a Tool for Content Deployment between two SharePoint Farms.
Here is the Link to the Tool.
Its made of PowerShell Scripts and XML.
Of course there are other tools already on the market, but with this Solution you are able to “Copy” only the list, without being forced to Copy the whole SiteCollection.
It is also possible to establish a content deployment scenario with having different Farm Versions/Patch Levels and Feature sets in the Source VS. Destination.
This tool makes it possible to implement an incremental content deployment szenario for SharePoint Lists between two distinct Farms.
- Full migration
- Incremental migration
- Transfering original metadata : Created,CreatedBy,Modified,ModifiedBy
- LookupColumn Support
- Support for disconnected scenarios (2 different Farms Intern vs Extern)
- Transfering UserInformation from external Users, even if they do not exists in the destination Farm (e.g. FBA and internal Intranet)
- Each Farm needs a own copy of the scripts.
- Both Farms share the same storage and export/import history file